יום שלישי, 22 ביולי 2014

************************************* Vegan chickpea burger *************************************

I'm not vegan, but vegetarian for many years and I'm trying to eat more healthy, which isn’t that easy in this hectic world. But I try. No one is perfect and more times than not know I should eat better.
I'm currently recovering from surgery and as I'm not at work I get to experiment in the kitchen. 2 things turned up I love and id like to share.
The first is a vegan chickpea burger. Its tasty. And easy. And doesn’t fall apart. And in a bun with veggies, pesto and ketchup its heaven. I myself was surprised it was that good. Its not the sexiest burger as its baked, but its yummy and good for you. Yay!

For 4 patties

ingredients
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 onion
2 minced peeled garlic cloves
1/4 tea spoon dried chili –if you like
1/4 tea spoon cumin
1 table spoon barbeque or chili/sweet chili sauce
1 peeled carrot
1 can of preserved chickpea or  1 cup of frozen cooked chickpea

Instructions
Preheat oven to 210 Celsius
In a food processer blend for about 2 minutes all the ingredients other than the chickpeas. Then add chickpeas for another 2-3 minutes, make sure to mix in,with a spoon,  the edges of the batter once in a while so you get a well blended mix.
Create patties and lay on slightly oiled baking paper and cook in a preheated oven  for 30 minutes – don’t forget to turn the patties after 15 minutes. Serve in a bun with all your favorite toppings

Be kind
Karyn


אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה